Friday, November 11, 2022

High School Craft Fair - Visit with Sis - Pizza Party

 Shiloh, IL  (Hi  42  Lo 27)  Winter is heading this way

Sunday, we'll start with the O'Fallon High School craft fair. It's where I learned and got my start in doing my own craft fairs. This one has grown from just a few tables way back in the early 90's to 400 tables and waiting lists today. It's amazing what people come up with for crafts and it's a blast going through the high school hallways and gyms, wrestling rooms, band etc and seeing so many different projects. Here's some of my favorites. (Click on the photos to enlarge)

                                                This table is loaded with Lego figures. 
                                        
                                            There were lots of people and a lot of sales

                                                I found this guy with his helpers 

                                            This is the closest to what I make only mine are 1/4 the size

                                            Family trees. Great idea. 


After three hours of checking things out, the only thing I bought was lunch. I'll continue making my little "critters".  Here's what I accomplished this week. 

Monday and Tuesday I went to my sisters. She's moved back to Missouri from Florida and I helped with unpacking and took down a queen bed and put up two twins in her bedroom. Now when I go over I have a bed instead of sleeping on the air mattress in the living room taking up space. We went shopping for her winter clothes and boots since she'll be here in winters. It's always fun spending someone else's money.
                                            Doris and Dee
I came home Tuesday afternoon to get ready for a pizza party with the hospice gals. We also added wine tasting. We had a lot of laughs and a good time for a couple hours.

                                            Nancy, Chrissy, and Jody with our wine and pizza.  
We've had wonderful weather at 75 to 78 degrees. I've taken advantage of it and getting some errands done. Still have more to do but no hurry. Today (Friday) it's in the 40's and dropping to 20's by tomorrow night. I hate winter and cold weather. 

Thursday I went to hospice but only got in a couple hours then came home to crochet. 
Friday I stayed warm and had our North Carolina friends on zoom. A great way to end the week. 

No comments:

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...