Friday, December 10, 2021

Memory Book - Sunset in NYC - First Snow Flurry - Projects - Tornados Again

 Shiloh, IL  (Hi 68  Lo  54)

I got a call from the funeral home that the memory book for Jim was ready so I went and picked it up on Monday. It's very well made and it had all the pictures the kids picked out for the funeral slideshow. It also has the comments from online. (Click on the photos to enlarge). 

Info to order one is interested. 

 Our son was in New York City for a few days and he went to the Empire State building in time for the sunset. He took a picture that is gorgeous. 

The boys also went to the Today Show and stood in the audience. 
                                            Rick, Evan, Jack
They had a great time in New York City. They also saw the Rockettes. It was a great vacation for them.
On Tuesday we had our first snow flurries. Snow was blowing sideways but it was tiny flurries that you could barely see but did accumulate on sides of the retention pond.  https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPGQp8k7C9JSbWFpvFD5Jv9wALr5OD92zwr_cV0

I got the six snowmen done and in the mail this week. I made each one with a different face. 

Tammy (Rick's girlfriend) and Angie got this adorable ornament for me. I love it!
When I got the snowmen done I made Jim's memory shirt for grandson 


I woke up with fog this morning. It turned very humid and temperature was 68.  

All evening I was watching tornado warnings. There were several on radar and one hit the Amazon shipping building in Edwardsville, IL. Several people were trapped. They're trying to get people out and some are injured, two dead (as of 12/11/21)  Tornado hit Mayfield Kentucky that devastated the town. This is December, it's happening more often in the so called "winter". 

1 comment:

anonymous said...

It's good to know the tornado didn't affect you! Sending prayers for you to be blessed, Mary

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...