Saturday, October 24, 2020

Webinar - Vote - Grand Prix

 Auburndale, FL  (Hi  85  Lo  75)

This was a very busy week. Tuesday, I had my massage and chiropractor appointments that are monthly, but this one was the last in the building I've been going to for five years. I'm staying with the same two people, but in two locations, as of now. That can change by the time I get ready to see them again. 

Tuesday afternoon I had a very good webinar on a topic of how to negotiate rent in the community. It was put on by the FMO ( Federation of Manufactured Home Owners in Florida) It was excellent and very informative on how to work with owners of mobile home parks. Our rent increase is coming up and I'm on the committee to work with the HOA. I'm happy with zoom and join in quite a bit for other organizations. There were over 100 people on this one. 

Speaking of zoom: there's a new video chat on Facebook that I tried out and love it. You can open it up for everyone on your friend list or do an invite for just a few. If you open it up, like my first time, you can have people pop in to say hi catch up on what's going on and then leave. I didn't realize the first time that's what happened and a couple of the RV'ers met the people in the park. It was cool to do and I may leave it open one day just to see who wants to say hi. If you see it, just answer the invite. 

Wednesday: I played the weekly hand and foot card game. We still can't do a lot at the clubhouse but small groups seems to be ok. 

Thursday: we had a big day getting errands done. The update on the glasses, they're right by prescription. So I made another appointment for next Tuesday for the doctor to recheck my eyes. It's the left eye lens that was updated and I can't see a thing out of it, the right eye is doing all the work. So that problem is still ongoing. We went to Kohl's to return a package to Amazon, free of charge. That's good to know if you need to do a return, and they even pack it for you. From Kohl's we went to vote. We had no idea what we'd find, but there was no line, went in signed up got the ballot scanned then left. I took in the mailed ballot and it was taken away and cancelled. I was going to use it to copy to the real ballot  but couldn't do it. At least I got my vote in. 

Monday and Friday I went to hospice to work. But the biggest day is

Saturday:  We had tickets for the  qualification day for the Indy Car Grand Prix in St. Petersburg in March, it was cancelled because of Covid and rescheduled.  The three day weekend brings in  200,000 people there were only 60,000 allowed to attend.   We picked up Lessie and Ed, our RV'ing friends that came back from traveling to attend the race. There was no rain and we had a really good time. We walked the whole track and saw several types of cars raced or they had practice. What a day! Pictures of what we saw during the day. Notice everyone (but a very few) are in masks. All doing social distancing. (Click on the photos to enlarge)

   Ed, Lessie, Jim and Dee on the shuttle bus from Tropicana Field to Mahaffey Theater to the race course.  


















Photo taken from the TV news on what the track looks like. It's a gorgeous area. 

What a wonderful day with friends and a new racing experience. Now we'll wait and see if the race will be in March 2021 as scheduled. 

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

There is a interest for everyone. That's a great thing. Auto racing has never been my "thing". Can't stand the noise. But those who like it REALLY like it. I have nephews and families that live near Bristol. At that track a lot.

Nice that friends were able to go along with you and Jim.

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Glad to read that people are trying to stop the spread even outdoors. Now you can relax about voting.
Be Safe and Enjoy.

It's about time.

senioradvisorsplus said...

This is my first visit to your blog, your post made productive reading, thank you.
Retirement communities near me

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...