Sunday, October 4, 2020

Covid and Staying Busy

 Auburndale, FL (Hi  78  Low  74)

So much has been going on in the past few months that I thought I'd do a record of it since we keep all the blogs. It might be good reading and telling about history in the future. In February the nation was pretty much shut down. Everything has been closed for a few months and this is October and there's still places not open, especially restaurants and bars. Now the President (Trump) has been put in the hospital for Covid. We haven't been effected being retired except the clubhouse is locked after 5pm and no on is to meet or sit  around without being social distance of six feet. Masks are required in all restaurants and buildings.. We didn't do much so the only thing we miss is eating out. I'm still volunteering at hospice two or three days a week, but not with patients. I work on scanning files in the computer. I'm glad my hubby and I get along, it's so hard on families that fight. Kids are schooling from home and some are in schools as normal except fewer kids to a classroom with different hours and days. When I'm not working I'm crocheting. My latest was a cow I saw online. It was a hit and I got a couple orders for it. 

 
People are moving again from North to South. The people from Canada still can't go over the border unless they fly and ship their cars down. We have no idea who will be here this year from up north. There's been a lot of people leave and head back north to be close to family, there's also a lot of people moving in the community that are younger. By the time we get to meet again in the clubhouse there will be a lot of new people. I still play hand and foot, a card game with a couple gals twice a week. It's the only people I see in the park. 

We'll see how it all pans out. In the meantime I'll keep the blogs going once a week and I'm sure there will be some very slow weeks.  We're still watching our little birds on the canal and the storms that come in once a day which should start slowing down this month. The weather is cooler  this week for a couple days.  The 90's are getting less days in a row. Fall is coming, for Florida that's the end of October, most years. This is 2020, anything can change. 

Sandhill Cranes walking past out window. 

Sunset from the neighbors. 




2 comments:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Cute little Cow.
Glad you're both keeping busy and Safe through these times.
Stay Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Mark from Missouri said...

Nice update. We just left a one month stay in the black hills of South Dakota. On the way north we had not experienced a lot of new RVer's that I could tell nor full of kids. In the Black Hills we noticed the trend for families to have kids out of school and traveling because they could due to shut downs with the virus. Noticed several brand new rigs and folks telling us they bought the RV to travel safely.

Wonder if that will impact our winter spots. With folks being able to work remotely and have kids out of school maybe they will come.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...