(Tucson, AZ) Hi 88 Lo 54 -- High winds were predicted for today, so we decided to stay in and postpone our sightseeing until tomorrow. The chance of catching valley fever is increased on windy days. Valley fever is very serious, and can be deadly. We have a good friend who got valley fever years ago and he had a terrible time with it.
We always worry about our satellite dish when the winds pick up. It held up well all day, until a dust devil came right over us late this afternoon. The RV rocked, and the dust was flying outside. As soon as it passed we went outside and saw the dust devil (it looked like a small tornado) moving away from us. The satellite dish and tripod were lying on the ground. There were some dents around the edges of the dish where it hit the concrete patio. Jim tried to re-aim it but couldn't get a signal. It looks like the main dish may have been bent, which messes up the alignment. He called a local DirecTV dealer and they are coming out tomorrow to check the dish, and replace it if necessary. So our day of sightseeing tomorrow is postponed until Thursday, which is when we were going to leave for Phoenix. We'll now be leaving on Friday instead.
We didn't do much of anything today. Jim read and I crocheted. We did go to the commissary to stock up on groceries.
Along with the winds, the dust is picking up, so we're glad not to be out in it.
See you tomorrow.