Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cooled Down Again

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 67 Lo 43 -- It got cold during the night so we turned on our little ceramic heater in the bedroom. Then we turned on the fireplace when we got up. But it didn't take long to warm up this afternoon. There was no wind so we put our awning and sun screen back out again.

I walked with Kathleen today. We did a slower pace so it didn't bother my hip as much. I'm trying to keep up the walking. Thanks for those of you who have been so supportive.

This afternoon I had a massage. I'm always leery about seeing a new massage therapist. Each one has different techniques. This lady has been a therapist for 20 years. She's a lot rougher then anyone I've had, but I had a lot of tight muscles to get worked out. I've scheduled another session with her in January. She does medical massages, so she knows what is wrong. She said when I do my walks my muscles are learning something new, and to take it easy. I won't give up the walking, even though I would love to.

Jim laid around again today to get rid of the last of his cold. He's feeling almost back to normal now. And he felt good enough to play shuffleboard with Judy and Jimmy this evening. It was good for me to keep my muscles moving after the massage. I think that was a good move, I felt better afterward. We love playing.

Tonight is cards. It seems forever since we've played, but it's only been since Friday. It's all good here in Central Florida.

5 comments:

Gail Houle said...

So glad you are keeping up with the walking. It really will help you in the end...promise :)

owensontheroad said...

I've been looking for a massage on LivingSocial and Groupon. My sciatica is bothering me again. You seem to have good luck with those sights.

Speedy said...


GOOD TO SEE YOU BOTH GETTING BETTER.

Janice Williford Evans said...

If you can find this book at your local bookstore. . .check it out!

These exercises relieved my sciatica more than anything else I've tried including physical therapy and pain meds. . .I literally felt my hip joint move back into place. . .

http://www.amazon.com/Egoscue-Method-Health-Through-Motion/dp/0060924306

Janice
ReadyToGoFullTimeRVing Blog
FaceBook.com/ReadyToGoFullTimeRVing

Jim and Sandie said...

Jim and I have been trying to do more walking - some days are harder than others. Glad you are doing better - keep it up.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...