Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Shopping in the Area

(Destin, FL) Hi 75 Lo 66 – We needed to get a few things today so we set out on a day of shopping. I love browsing through surf shops, so thought it would be fun to see what Destin has to offer. I'm looking for a Florida t-shirt to wear in our travels. The problem is this is a big tourist town, so all the t-shirts we saw in the shops had 'Destin' on them. I’ll have to wait until we get away from the coast to get one with just Florida on it.
2012-10-2 Desin FL area (15)

Jim's been looking for a specific photography book so we went to Books a Million and Barnes and Noble. No luck, so he'll order it and have it sent to his sister's in NC where we're headed next week. The internet comes through again. :)

We took a drive around the Destin Harbor area to gawk at all the condos and beautiful houses. Here's some examples. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)
2012-10-2 Desin FL area (1)

2012-10-2 Desin FL area (2)

2012-10-2 Desin FL area (3)

2012-10-2 Desin FL area (11)

2012-10-2 Desin FL area (13)

Our last stop was Walmart. If you can't find what you're looking for, that’s the place you end up going. I still didn’t find a t-shirt I liked but we did get some other items.

We got back home in time for Jim to do laundry while I cleaned the rig. He thought he’d come back to wait for the laundry to get done, but I chased him out and had him sit outside. It’s so much easier to clean with only one person in the rig.

Right after dinner I walked over to the waterfront in time for today's sunset.
2012-10-2 Sunset destin FL (4)

It’s the end of another day in paradise.

2 comments:

Luci & Loree said...

It truly is paradise in that area, is it not? Spent winter of 2010-11 in Navarre, just West of you at Emerald Beach RV, a GREAT place!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Emerald Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane

Summer Agenda - Changes in Schedule - Council - Pour Painting

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  83  Lo  64) This is the last week before the summer agenda. The bowling has ended till August and different summer activ...