Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Last Day in Amarillo

(Amarillo, TX) Hi 75 Lo 64 – We had quite a storm last night. There were tree limbs down and debris in the streets. A branch came down next door to us, luckily the tree was small.
2012-8-20 after storm armarillo tx (800x600)

We’re glad we went to Palo Duro Canyon yesterday. I’m sure most of the road in the park would have been closed today. One portion of it was closed yesterday, and that was from last week's rain.

Jim had to fuel up his truck today so while we were out we went to lunch at the Coyote Bluff Cafe. They're known to have the best hamburgers around. The place isn't much to look at. Jim says it has "character."
2012-8-21 coyate bluff rest amarillo tx (4) (800x600)

2012-8-21 coyate bluff rest amarillo tx (3) (800x600)

2012-8-21 coyate bluff rest amarillo tx (5) (800x600)

There’s dollar bills hanging everywhere.
2012-8-21 coyate bluff rest amarillo tx (6) (800x600)

Jim gave a thumbs up on his burger, says it was one of the best he's ever had.

It was very cloudy and chilly so we stayed in today. We watched some recorded shows and later in the afternoon Jim dumped the tanks and I dusted and vacuumed.

We like Amarillo, but it’s time to move on. Tomorrow we're on our way to Oklahoma City. We're hoping to stay at the Tinker AFB famcamp. They don't take reservations so we're hoping there will be room for us. We have a backup plan just in case. Thanks Amarillo for a great week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love finding little quaint quirky diners.

Gypsy said...

What do you plan to see in Oklahoma City? Tinker is on the eastern side of town so you won't have to brave the traffic through the city just yet.

I stayed at a Motel 6 several years ago and realized there was a Shepplers about a block down from the motel. I felt I couldn't leave Lady at the motel room, and it was too cold to leave her in the car (middle of winter) so I never did get there. I think they must have closed because I've never been able to find the same motel or Shepplers ever since then. (Shepplers is a western wear store - huge! I still want a pair of cowgirl boots before I die!)

Rod Ivers said...

We usually stay at the Twin Fountains RV Park at I 44 and I 35 intersection... It is as clean of a park as we have ever seen... A tad spendy compared to the Fam Camp but nice for a couple of days.... It does have highway noise being at the intersection of the big interstates...

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...