Thursday, March 11, 2010

Looking up Parks for the Rest of the Month

We were suppose to have rain all night, but it didn't rain a drop. All morning it was dry, so we both got fuel. We figured my car is getting 35mpg and Jim is getting 10.5 mpg since we left Raleigh.

We also had the manager of the park fill our propane tank, it started raining about the time he got it back to us. This place is really neat, we'll be stopping here going back and forth from Fla to NC I'm sure.

We did a lot of computer updating. Jim worked on RV parks to stay for the rest of March. We have so much to do once we get settled in Florida on Sunday. I put in all our receipts for the trip so far. Can I say trip? it's not really a "trip", but we're still shooting for a destination, so it feels like a trip. Give us time, I'll figure out the word when we go place to place.

I'm hoping you feel the excitement, this is really neat, pick up and go, or stay in one place. We're watching storms coming our way and hoping we can pack up tomorrow morning without rain. Our next stop will be Darien, GA.

The temperature was 65 today, no fireplace and no heat. What a relief to not be so cold. I forgot to mention yesterday, Jim got the satellite up in no time and we're getting some great stations out of Chicago. We're both very happy campers.

7 comments:

Ali Workentin said...

Found your blog from another RV'rs. We live full time in our Class A (since 11/06). I liked your blog and hope you don't mind me tagging along on your travels.

I like to read what others do while doing the FT lifestyle.

Happy traveling.

Anonymous said...

Yes Dee we feel your excitement. I am so happy everything is finally going the way is should for you and Jim. Now just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Cheers
Brenda Brown

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Boy I hope when Donna & I hit the road we can have the enthusiasm you have been sharing with us. You guys seem to have enjoyed even some of the minor setbacks so far. W e look forward to sharing your new lifestyle. Have fun and be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

JB said...

It's a journey Dee, just like life, you never know where it goes and when it will end! We begin ours on April 30th.

Gypsy said...

Isn't it great when all the plans come together! I hope it continues to get even more enjoyable for you.

Speedy said...

Yes it is a journey and what a wonderful one it is. Stay safe my Dreamer Friends.

KarenInTheWoods said...

You guys are just having too much fun! There outta be a law....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...