Friday, March 26, 2010

Commissary -- Washing the RV

Our wake up call on base is Reveillo at 8am. That's too early, but it's ok, I can go back to sleep. I love being back on a base, so much is going on and there's never a dull moment. Especially being on the channel for the Navy ships.









We left for the commissary and missed the submarine coming into the inlet, but there will be more action the rest of the week. We loved going to the commissary today and stocking up. The bad thing was trying to find room for all the cans and frozen stuff. I guess I could carry some of the heavy stuff in the car.

This is the row of RV's in front of the waterfront.








The front yard of Tumbleweed.









This is the back view. Jim did a good job not hitting the tree! The camp host "guided" him. The next time I'll do the instructions while the camp host says where he wants us. Thanks Nat for the suggestion.








I'm walking along the inlet.








I'll take a lot more pictures of the area, since we'll be here until Wednesday. That way I'll have a few new pictures each night.

UPDATE on the leak:
The leak seems to have stopped. We put water in the tank and we're using the pump, no leakage. We're thinking it's something in the city water line to the rig. At least there's no more water coming out of the bottom of the rig.

I forgot to mention something yesterday. When we were in downtown St. Augustine I left my jacket on a chair in an open area outside a restaurant. Jim went back to get it an hour later and it was still there. It's good to know people are still honest.

We met our neighbors and talked with them all afternoon. Jim went to get new front tires for the truck. While he was gone I washed the RV. I could only do part way up to the point I couldn't reach any higher, but all the road dirt is gone. It's nice and shiny again. I wanted to get the salt stuff off before it did any damage. I'm happy to get that done.

When a ship goes out, they blow two horn blasts. You have time to get outside for pictures.









There's a Carnival cruise ship going out on Monday afternoon. I'm hoping to be here to see it. Civilian ships use the same channel as the Navy, so this a very busy place. We'll be watching for more ships coming and going during the next few days.

3 comments:

The Happy Wanderers said...

Looks like your having a good time. We have been following your blog. Your weather is much better than what we are going to in Missouri. We spend 2 months in the spring and 2 months in the fall in Mo. with our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren. It's still pretty cool there. Enjoy that warm weather for us Okay. Have a good one tomorrow.

Speedy said...

Hey guys...Love the pictures of the ships. Sounds like a great place to be. Keep sending us pictures of all the ships and the area. Good job Jim on the parking. You'll be a pro before long.

Cyndi said...

We just got back from a 2 week trip, so I went to the commissary at March AB today to stock back up. Intended to spend $100 - spent $200! I"m definitely going to have to cut back on that once we hit the road! Maybe we'll meet at a military campground some day.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...