Monday, February 8, 2010

Will This Week be the Week?

Jim was restless all night which kept me awake, it was one those mornings I was glad I didn't have to go to work. I fell asleep when he got up.

I didn't do much all morning, just read blogs and found a few new ones. One of these days I'm going to have to get notices out for our new address once we get one. Jim is the one in charge of where our mail service will be. I have to give him something to do.

Our temps are in the 20's the whole week, more rain, spits of snow and now very high winds for Wednesday. We'll have experienced every type of weather except heat, once we leave here. We're hoping this will be the week that we hear from the dealer. This is the second week that our parts have been on order. Anyday we should get a call.

Later this afternoon, I had to go back to the doctor. I mentioned before I don't usually write something about how we're doing medically, but I'm fighting with shingles. They're on my head and the doctor is worried about eyes, face, throat damage or even into the brain if we can't get rid of them, there could be some lasting effects. I'm on my second round of antibotics. It starts as a little red blister looking thing that itches, then burns, then if left go it's very painful. We'll see how long it lasts but sure hope it's gone by the time we pull out of the area.

Jim has 3 days and as one of the chatters mentioned, that's 24 hrs

8 comments:

Gail and Rick said...

Dee, 1440 hours is 60 full days! I know Jim doesn't want to work 24/7 for 60 days :)

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Good catch. I changed it to 24 hours.

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Yay for Jim's last few days!

Sure hope your shingles get cured! Did you get any antibiotic cream this time?

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Oh, dear Dee! Shingles, that is so horrible. I am so sorry.
I know someone that went through that, and it was painful for me to see them suffer so, let alone for them!
I do hope you get better soon.
Happy Trails, Penny,TX

Vera said...

I wish you well, Dee. I had shingles a few years ago. I hope yours don't last too long. Good thing you don't have to go to work. I wonder if the reason was the excitement of your move etc.

Happytrails said...

I am so sorry you have shingles! I know how painful that can be....saw my father-in-law suffer with them. Take care of yourself.

I bet Jim is getting plenty excited!!

Take care and hugs,
Gerri

Bob and Molly said...

Hi Dee, and an early congrats for Jim!!!
Eat lots of cherries for those shingles...lots and lots....it's helped cure folks when other things didn't work!! We'll be thinking of you!!!HUGS!

Mark and Dortha said...

I know Jim is counting the hours! And...you need to take care of yourself and get well real soon! Hugs to you both!!

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...