Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day Out After Snow

Neither of us slept much last night. We kept hearing loud noises like someone hitting the side of the RV in the bedroom area. We finally figured out it had to be ice falling off but by that time it was a couple hours before Jim had to get up.

I got up half hour after he left to get a head start on the day. There was so much to get done. I headed to Cary at 9:00. First was to pay another month for the park. We're taking no chances of paying $35 a night versus $15 for a monthly rate. If we leave before the end of the month the owner will pro-rate the refund. I went to the bank then headed to Cary to the apartment complex to do the laundry. We haven't turned in the keys yet so we can still use their laundry. Cary has a lot more snow then we do so it's not surprising there's still no school. It's a mess, but with todays 50 degrees it's melting fast.

The laundry was done the exact time I had to go pick up a co-worker at my last job. I talked to the boss for a bit then went to eat. We had Japanese which was my first time, awesome lunch and thanks Anna for a great visit. Anna just got back from a couple months in Spain and I wanted to hear all about it.

I picked up mom and her friend for groceries. I was on my way back home when mom called saying she didn't get an item, so turned around picked her back up and went back to the store. She got what she needed, dropped her back home and I headed home. On the way the gas light came on so I turned at the next exit hoping I'd make it. I did. Once that light comes on I've learned I need gas NOW, there's no waiting.

Once home I crashed. It's been awhile that I've moved that much.

We're really hoping to hear from the dealer by the end of the week or first of next week about the RV parts. It's getting so close to getting on the road.

2 comments:

Tattoolady said...

When you're house bound because of the weather, get some games (addictive ones) to play on the computer!! Monopoly is a good one!!! Two people can play it on the computer!! ENJOY !!!

Happytrails said...

Glad you were able to get out. It does lift the spirits after being in for so long.

I certainly hope your weather is going to return to more normal after this. You have had a rough winter!

Take care,
Gerri

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...