Friday, October 2, 2009

Patience - Hard to Learn

A great cool night and a very nice cool day. Cloudy and no rain and the humidity is still down.

Work was a very long day, but there's only 8 more Fridays to go unless I decide to quit sooner. I had to wait till after 1:30 to get the information to do my weekly reports. Mr Boss always wants the reports by noon, and I was waiting for him to "talk" to me about not getting them done before I left. I would have left for good if he did, but he didn't and I got them all done by 4:00. I'm one bad day away from retiring completely.

I learned in college when I was in psychology classes that when there's something that happens to you over and over, it's something you're suppose to be learning in life. Once you understand what it is and correct it, the problem won't happen again, or at least not frequently. I'm trying to learn and cope with patience. I had to wait for the condo to sell, wait for the 5er to get built for the bigger items. I've always hated waiting at doctors appointments, stoplights, and waiting in line for anything. Today it was waiting on the boss. I bet when I don't have anything to do it will quit happening, because I won't care. Think of the things that keeps happening to you and see if it's something you're suppose to learn.

Working days to quit work 44
This countdown is only for WORKING days.

3 comments:

Jenny Johnson said...

Evidently I don't learn too well - Never a better time to start than right now!!

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Won't be long now!

ANT-zee said...

You shouldn't always be wishing for the future, because when you get there, there is always another future to wish for. There are enough things in the present to enjoy and soak in, because just around the corner is tomorrow and today is gone forever.

I use perspective to keep my thinking of today. You see bad things happening to people all the time and it reminds me to stop and smell the roses.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...