Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mundane

mun·dane (mŭn-dān', mŭn'dān') Pronunciation Key
–adjective

1. Of, relating to, or typical of this world; secular.
2. Relating to, characteristic of, or concerned with commonplaces; ordinary.

When I got up this morning I thought of this word "mundane". I thought of it all day today. Mundane: My take on it: get up, try to wake up, get dressed, have coffee, get breakfast and if you work you get to work, the whole time watching the clock, can't be late. Work is generally the same, with a few things that may change just to throw you off a bit, but overall it's the same. Watching the clock to see when you're able to "get out". When you hit the highways going home, everyone else is doing the same thing, it's all rush, rush, and be careful of those that just have to get around you or go through that red light. Some have other things to do after work which doesn't fit into the category of going home every single night, but for those going home, you get out of the work clothes, get supper (or spouse gets supper), then figure out what you're doing for the rest of the evening. If you have kids, this can be a little different then those that don't. It's still fairly mundane, over and over. You get the housework done, or homework with the kids, watch a bit of TV if you can and then shower/or get ready for bed just to get up and do it all over again the next day.

NOW: My mind is usually thinking of getting on the road. How mundane will it be? I have no idea, but I know I can cut out the getting up in the morning and get ready for work. I can see different sceneries if I wish, or stay with the same one if I so desire. I keep thinking of the picture that was sent to us yesterday. How mundane will it be? Give me a chance to find out.

Today is another turning point. We drop the months. It's down to

Days to buy the RV/truck 3 yrs 0 mths 29 days

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wont be long now Dee. Where were you 3 years ago? Try to place yourself there again and you will see how fast time went frome then until now! You really do not have very much time left. We are still trying to get stuff done so we can retire in one year! We started 3 years ago....See it is here before you know it and you will wonder why I'm not ready to go???

Speedy

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...