Saturday, February 13, 2021

Roof Leak Fixed - Visit -Vaccine - Dentist

 Auburndale, FL (Hi 84  Lo 68)

Monday: The week started with a fix to the water leak over the kitchen door. It's been leaking a little for several months and it's been worked on a couple times. There was a rusted screw and bad board so it's all fixed. We've had some hard rains today and the ceiling doesn't feel wet. Another problem solved. 

Tuesday: Jim had a doctors appointment on blood work, all is well. I had my chiropractor and massage. I always feel so good when I get back home. I go about every three weeks to keep the body from aching. I stopped at a carwash on the way back home. It took 45 minutes, but well worth it. The car looked new when they were done. 

Jim got a call from VA for the Covid vaccine and to be at the VA hospital in Tampa on Wednesday between 3:00 and 4:00. That was fast, he signed up last week. So he went to Tampa on Wednesday and waited in line about two hours in back and forth lines and was back home by 6:30. 

Wednesday and Thursday we had Ed and Lessie over from Tampa.  Lessie and I love puzzles so we started a puzzle on Wednesday and we finished it on Thursday morning. It took a total of 7 hours. It was a fun one. 

                                            Ed relaxing
                                            Lessie working on the puzzle.
We work well together on puzzles. I find pieces for her and she finds them for me.  We started a harder one on Thursday so we'll have one to work on  next week. 

Friday: I had an appointment with the dentist to take out the antibiotics and get the bottom tooth fixed. I had to be up by 7:30 to make it on time. He took an hour to repair and put a temporary filling in the crown. He only made a tiny hole for the root canal last month. Now it's back to the regular dentist to fill the hole for permanent filling. That's such a racket, you go to a general dentist they send you to surgeon for root canals, then back to general dentist. Talk about expensive!  It's also aggravating with so many appointments. We changed dentists because we were told it would all be done with the same person, but this one doesn't work on molars. I'm not sure why that's all happening, if anyone  knows the reasoning, make a comment or email us. I went to work at hospice after I left the dentist office. It was early and ended up working five hours. I was tired when I got home. How did I  work 8 and 10 hour days. I'm so glad I'm retired, that makes for a very long day but I love it. It just won't happen everyday.  Friday night we had our friend zoom meeting and got caught up with North Carolina storms and life. 

I'm staying put for the weekend to get several crochet orders done. 

Here's a few of this weeks pictures. 
                                                    Sandhill Crane on on our lawn. 

                                            A couple sunsets this week. 

They're putting in a lake barrier so the lake doesn't come into the yards when we have a lot of rain. I'm taking the picture from our back canal. 


3 comments:

Phyllis said...

We went to our local Health Department here two weeks ago. No appointment needed. Got there 8:30, got shots 8:50. I hope it's that quick when we return for 2nd shot on March 1.

Caddie said...

Huh! More rackets than honesty anymore. More medicals doing it as the days go by; knowing insurance backing usually kicks it. I've caught on to this long ago and it makes me sick - that almighty dollar ruling all life! Just this moment had a spam call which normally I won't answer. Being a '474' number as mine I did so. a non-English accented voice declared he was with Medicare calling. Now that's a real scam! Sure gotta be on one's toes these days.

Love your crocheting ability - just amazing. Envious of you and friends working puzzles for I love doing them, yet don't anymore and no one I know or even about to join in and have a good social time. Hmmp, all my plans to spend my older days just a fluke now that I've hit my olden golden years. Just a lost lonely life I live now. Keep having your fun times.

Caddie said...

Huh! More rackets than honesty anymore. More medicals doing it as the days go by; knowing insurance backing usually kicks it. I've caught on to this long ago and it makes me sick - that almighty dollar ruling all life! Just this moment had a spam call which normally I won't answer. Being a '474' number as mine I did so. a non-English accented voice declared he was with Medicare calling. Now that's a real scam! Sure gotta be on one's toes these days.

Love your crocheting ability - just amazing. Envious of you and friends working puzzles for I love doing them, yet don't anymore and no one I know or even about to join in and have a good social time. Hmmp, all my plans to spend my older days just a fluke now that I've hit my olden golden years. Just a lost lonely life I live now. Keep having your fun times.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...