Saturday, August 29, 2020

Doctor - Teaching Quilling - Bar - Netflix

  Auburndale, FL (Hi  90 Lo  77)  Heat index 101

A followup from last week on the Vertigo problem. I got an appointment to see the doctor on Monday. I was still spinning and feeling miserable. He prescribed pills for both the nausea and the spinning. The one pill for nausea made me really sleepy so I slept most of the afternoon. The spinning reduced quite a bit by evening so I got to sit up and watch TV Monday evening. I went back to the doctor on Thursday feeling a lot better and I can move my head more. I'm to take baby steps and use the pills only when needed. I'm up getting meals again and not doing any quick movement especially to the left or right. One suggestion the doctor gave me if I start to spin look straight ahead, do no eye movement at all and it will help with the spinning, so far that's working. 

On to something more interesting. A friend, Linda, came over for an afternoon to learn Quilling. I learned it while in Avon park during our RV travels. It's curling paper and there's a lot of designs to make. It's basically for cards and wall hangings. We had a great time and this is what she made.

 





 



We've been wanting to get our wet bar changed to a dry bar. We never use the sink and we needed more room for our drinks so our maintenance guy came over to change it out for us. 

Taking off the front doors. 















All the booze is out. 















This is the before the sink was taken out. 















Covering up the sink part. 















The new top. I love the color. 















All done. Jim's liquor on the right and my wine and few bottles of liquor is on the left. The black box is the wine cooler. I always have cooled wine on hand. 

We're both happy with the results. More room to make drinks. 

Jim started his bridge work with the dentist this week. It's good to get that started and not wait any longer for the Covid to go away. 

I spent all day Friday on a Netflix series "Connected". It's very informative on how we're connected to each other and the universe. It's well worth the time to see it, nothing else to do at the moment. 

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I truly hope they get that vertigo permanently under control.

Love the dry bar. Looks so much better. Amazing the projects we woman can think up.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...