Monday, August 19, 2013

First Time In Maine

(Holden, ME) Hi 84 Lo 54 -- It was a great morning. We got up early so we could go for a nice big breakfast at the Circle Restaurant. I got gas for the car while we were out and we were hitched up and on our way by 10:15.

We took I-95, which was also the Maine Turnpike for part of the way. All we saw was trees on both sides of the highway.
IMG_3679

As we got near the coast there was lots of water, so of course there were bridges. Luckily this one was the only big one, and the welcome to Maine wasn’t too far from it.
IMG_3666

IMG_3670

I never thought of this kind of sign in Maine, only in Canada or Alaska. I hope we see one this week.
IMG_3677

We had a bite to eat at one of the service plazas and got to Red Barn Campground by 3:30.

Our Site
IMG_3681

We couldn't get a satellite signal (too many trees), but fortunately we have free cable TV at our site. We also have free wifi.

Views around us. I’ll get more pictures later this week.
IMG_3682

IMG_3683

IMG_3684

IMG_3685

It was a smooth trip and we’re looking forward to a fun week in Maine.

3 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

I have my fingers crossed that you see a moose and have your camera with you. I haven't seen one since about 2010 when we saw a mama and her little one just outside Yellowstone.

Speedy said...

This is on our places to go

Bob and Jo said...

We have got to get to this part of the country.

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...