Monday, October 15, 2012

Vampire and Visiting

(Beaufort, NC) Hi 77 Lo 61 -- I got up early this morning to meet with the vampire. I've been looking for another doctor since we got on the road. I thought I had one in Florida, but when I needed help the most he was in another town an hour away. Most all the doctors are working out of two and sometimes three offices that are several miles from each other. Jim's sister works for a doctor here in Beaufort, so I made an appointment for this morning to try her out. It was a long and worthwhile first meeting, answering questions and getting all my info in order. Then I met the dreaded vampire, who took about five vials of blood. Now we wait.

By the time I was done it was lunch time. I hadn't eaten since last night at 10, so I was starving for anything I could find. There's a neat little cafe beside the doctor's office (I think it's planned that way) and they serve breakfast and lunch. I got an egg omelet that was even better than the ones at IHOP that I like so much. Of course it may have been better because I was so hungry. :)

I got home in time for Jim to leave to take his mom out to lunch and spend some time with her. I talked with Sharon's Jim for awhile, then went on a 20-minute walk. It's humid, but I did better then I thought, considering it's been awhile since I've walked. Now that it's turning cooler I hope to walk more. I also got all my recorded TV shows watched before Jim got home. I made some dinner, then the rest of the evening we visited with Jim and Sharon for awhile and watched some TV.

1 comment:

Jim and Sandie said...

Finding a doctor that you like and trust while on the road is a definite struggle. We have found some marvelous doctors here in AZ and are really really happy with them. Hope all is well for you. We're praying for good test results.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...