Saturday, August 11, 2012

Errands are Done

(AF Academy, Colorado Springs, CO) Hi 86 Lo 65 -- Jim had fun at the ballgame last night. He was at the Colorado Springs Sky Sox who beat the Round Rock (TX) Express 7-3. The ballpark the Sky Sox play in, Security Service Field, is the highest professional ballpark in the nation, at 6,531 elevation.











There was no hurry to do anything today so we had a leisurely morning on our computers. It was forecast to be very windy and rainy today, but neither occurred. I took off mid-morning to get a few groceries before we head out on Monday. I like the food selection and prices at the commissary, which are usually better than civilian grocery stores and Walmart. It wasn't crowded like I thought it would be on a Saturday. I picked up a few other things at the BX and came home.

We watched the Nationwide race and the Olympics all afternoon on TV. I read blogs and got caught up. I'm now ready for the trip on Monday. It's time to play some games on the computer and just have fun.

Tomorrow we have a lunch date with Ed and Marilyn and the gang from Mountaindale.

1 comment:

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Hi Dee and Jim,
Reading back, I can see that you are really enjoying Colorado and seeing some great sights.

I didn't get to see much when we were there, as I was the driver of the motor home, and towing a travel trailer for our guests to sleep in. We were on a time schedule, as my visitors had to get back to Houston for their flight back to England. We went alongside the Rockies from Colorado Springs all the way to Big Bend, TX, that was some great trip.

Thanks for posting all the lovely pictures of the places that I will never see. Happy Trails, Penny.

Visitor - Residential Counsel - Grandson Graduation

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  76   Lo  69) Monday I went to my first class for yoga. I didn't realize it's all from youtube. I thought someon...