Monday, December 21, 2009

A Day with Mom - Warmed up a Bit


We love our new heater. It kept the bedroom quite toasty all night. I heard the furnace turn on three times, that's better then running most of the time. I didn't sleep much, so got up at 8:30 to get ready to get mom by 10:00. We're not next door any longer and I wasn't sure about how bad the traffic would be. I timed it perfectly though getting to her about 10 till 10.

Mom and her friend wanted to get groceries so we did that first. There's a new store here called Ollie's and we checked that out too. It's a store that takes merchandise that didn't sell from high priced stores and reduces the prices to almost nothing. It's like a Big Lots but a lot better merchandise. I was really impressed, but since we're downsizing, there was nothing I needed or wanted.

We stopped at the apartment for a bit to show mom's friend. I'm also searching for cards that I've lost in the move. I have a whole bunch of cards that I thought I put in a box but I've gone through everything and can't find them. It's get well, birthday, and misc cards of all kinds. I'll just have to buy more as needed. So far it's the only thing I've lost, that's not bad.

Now on to learning the convection oven. Thanks so someone on Escapees.com they gave a link to Janet Sadlack youtube on how to use the oven. I'm still figuring it out for each dinner.

I'm actually having a good time with all this fulltime stuff. I don't like being cold, but other than that, it's all going well so far. Thanks for following, and we'll take all the comments we can get in our experiences. We have another empty propane tank, so hopefully we'll get that filled sometime before the next one goes empty. Since we have the little space heater, we should do a lot better.

Days to leave for Texas 53

3 comments:

Rod Ivers said...

Many folks have purchased a third 30 lb lp tank so they can go get them filled two at a time, once they are on the last full one. That way you only go to get LP half as much. You are more secure knowing you have an extra full bottle. The trade off is having the extra bottle in the truck or front storage when you move in the summer warmer weather.

Happytrails said...

I love my convection microwave! Janet is a great source and she also has some books available on her website. Good luck!

Phyllis said...

I saw your post of Rv-Dreams.

We have lived fulltime in a fiver since last Jan. getting prepared to retire and travel. That day happens on 1/7.

Last winter we really blew through the propane. At first we had a 2002 Cedar Creek and could feel the wind whipping through it. In March we bought our 2009 Montana and what a difference. We will be taking three 30 pounders with us. While living here, we bought two 100 pound tanks. Made for lots less trip to get refilled.

We keep temp about 68 during day, 62 at night. Often use fireplace during day. Just went through blizzard over weekend leaving over two feet of snow.

Will wave to you went see pass through NC on the 11th or 12th. Heading to Louisiana then Texas.

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...