Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mowing?

I hate being woke up by a mower. Day before yesterday the guy behind us was mowing, this morning the lawn people were mowing. I don't get it. The temperatures haven't raised above 20's for quite some time and even in the teens at night. Can grass be growing? It's brown and dead what's up?

Since I was woke up I decided to get up and start the day. I found an email from another blogger then is really funny, so thought I'd share http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/general/columns/story?id=3509561 I love a good laugh in the mornings.

I got everything from the apartment yesterday all put away today. We're now done with the packing. Sunday is the selling of everything left, or giving away, whichever comes first. I'm getting very good response from Cragislist with emails of asking questions. I'll get it all cleaned up and only be there once a week to check on it then pass it back to the apartment office in February.

We still haven't had the "red" show up on the propane tank, but the green is getting higher. I'm sure with tonights snow storm we'll need to get propane tomorrow. Jim will be home so he'll get it without waiting till Saturday. We're on day 5, I'm pleased. Clouds are rolling in and it's going to be another very cold week.

I was watching a show about Denmark. I've always wanted to go there. They have very little "stuff" and they live for happiness not "things". Their housing isn't any bigger than our RV. Amazing area and they're rated the happiest people on earth. The jobs they pick are what they want to do, not what they would make in salaries. The higher the salary the higher the taxes. It was great seeing how they live.

Days to leave for Livingston, TX 37

3 comments:

Happytrails said...

I totally agree about the mowing! When we were at Pine Mountain RV Resort they would mow (early in the morning) even when there wasn't any growing grass to mow. What a waste of money!

Cute article! Thanks for sharing.

Frerx Adventures said...

Hi Dee, I saw that Denmark segment on Oprah, too. I've spent a lot of time in Finland which is very similar. When those folks visit our homes they wonder why we want to have to mess with so much stuff. I think we could learn a lot from the Scandinavian countries both in terms of how their society is organized and how small a 'footprint' each requires upon this earth.
Hugs, C

Speedy said...

http://rvparkhunter.com/state.asp?state=texas...Try this web site out. You can change the states and hunt RV Parks in any state. I find it to be a good source...Remember don't overthink anything.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...