Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Moving South

(Willis, TX)  Hi 89 Lo 56 -- We had a smooth trip of 155 miles today to Willis, TX, which is about an hour north of Houston. Most of our trip was on two-lane State Rd 19, with the final 20 miles on I-45. The countryside is starting to look more like what we're used to in the east. Mostly flat but a little hilly in spots, with more pine and fir trees.

We pulled into the Thousand Trails Lake Conroe at about 1:30pm. It's a big park with gravel sites, many of them pretty un-level. We normally don't have to worry about how level a site is because we have the Big Foot automatic levelers. But this time it was even a challenge for our Big Foot. Once the rig was all leveled up we noticed the two right side tires were about an inch or so off the ground. I should have anticipated that and run up on one of the 2 x 10 boards I keep in the truck. But I just never thought about it. I jammed a couple of leveling pads under the tires, although it's not necessary. The Big Foot system would support the whole rig with all four tires off the ground if necessary (we've seen this at RV shows).









Once we got set up our dear friend Arlene came over to greet us. She lives about a half hour from here, and we're looking forward to spending some time with her. We took her with us for lunch at a local Chic Fil-A, and it was great to catch up on our lives.

We'll post some pictures of the park tomorrow. We're here until next Monday.

3 comments:

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Welcome to Willis.
I hope to see you soon.

Speedy said...

So you made it. Tell everyone we said HI. I hope to be down that way come this winter. My sister lives in Galveston and we are going to spend some time down there visiting with them.

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

The first time I had a MH with levelers installed, I tried to practice leveling it. I got it level and when I stepped back to admire my handywork, all four wheels were off the ground.

Thank goodness our current MH had automatic leveling.

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...