Friday, October 16, 2009

Weird Day - But I Was Prepared

I love Fridays, it's one day till the weekend. One of these days I won't care, but today was the day that Mrs boss was to take over the weekly reports, but I had a gut feeling it wasn't going to happen.

It was very hectic when I got to work. There was a proposal that had to be in by noon and they were still working on it. ALL NIGHT, they were here, one hour rest and back at it. I didn't have anything to do with it, way over my head. I took care of the phone and stayed out of the way. In the meantime they were trying to get it emailed but it was too big. I guess when you email a document it can't be over 4mb. (or something like that). Anyway, when it was done I faxed it and 45 minutes later it was done. We got a call an hour later saying it's not due till next week, they had extended it because it was so involved. The bosses went out for lunch and when they came back Mrs Boss said she was too tired to do the weeklies and handed the info over to me.

I was prepared. I knew it was going to happen, so I had some of it already done. It was back to her in an hour. She says next week she'll do it. There's only seven more Fridays, and one of them we should be at the dealer with the fifthwheel and staying on the lot.

I was reading news today about people that are building new homes can't get insurance because the drywall is not good coming in from China. I feel so sorry for people that plan and save for a home just to have it not worthy to live in it. I'm thankful to have our 5th wheel coming in, sure hope it doesn't have the bad drywall.

We're looking forward to the weekend.

Working days to quit work 34
This countdown is only for WORKING days.

3 comments:

Speedy said...

Time is going faster

KarenInTheWoods said...

Ohhh sounds like you were one jump ahead of them all day! What a good worker, and being prepared on the weekly report. Whatever are they gonna do withOUT you????

Gypsy said...

That is sad about the drywall because who would even suspect it until you are turned down for insurance. When will we ever learn and start bring some manufacturing back to our own country.

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...