Saturday, March 4, 2017

Schoolmate Visit - Painting - Daytona - Craft Fair

Auburndale, FL  (Hi 77  Lo  56) -  Every year we have my school mate visits with us. Melba and Ed travel around Florida during the winter. We have been in their path again this year and we had a wonderful visit. We found a great Chinese restaurant, Buffet City,  which is now on the agenda for next year. Thank you for coming to see us. (Click on pictures to enlarge).

Melba and Ed
















A painting activity was at the clubhouse this week. A fee is paid and a couple artists come in to teach a painting. A picture is picked first then everyone painted one like it, maybe not the same colors but learning the technique.

















Did I mention you drink wine as your painting?










I liked this one. She was thinking outside the box so to speak.


Daytona started the racing season on Sunday. We are happy with the new rules, it's making racing a lot more exciting. It's going to be a fun season.

The craft fairs around the area are in full swing. Linda and I went to one near us to see what they sell and what type of crafts people are making. It was so nice, with lots of tables and not one thing alike. I passed out flyers for our craft fair in October.

I only got this picture of critters made with yarn. I make mine with thread.

















These are my last couple crocheted critters, a cat and BB8. Both were ordered.


Weather has been perfect, we're staying busy and it's March. The snowbirds will be leaving soon. See you next week.

1 comment:

Lorne Green (A Place Called Away) said...

You guys have sure been busy this winter. My how the time has flown by. We fall into the snowbird category and will be migrating north soon. I love that Jim got a job at the ball stadium. That will be right up his alley. See you on chat soon.

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...