Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tooth Pulled, Finally

(Carson City, NV) Hi  86 Lo 54 -- A couple of years ago I had a root canal done on one of my rear molars. After I had it done it never felt right, it would hurt when I bit down on it. I went back to the dentist several times (when in Florida) to have it checked, and all he did was file it down each time. When we left in April it was still not right, but the pain was mild when eating. I made an appointment with Linda's dentist here in Carson City as soon as we arrived, and today was the day. The dentist gave me a couple of options, one of which was to pull it. I quickly chose that option, and within minutes he gave me a shot of anasthesia and pulled the tooth. It was badly infected so I'm very glad it's out.

Now I'm resting and not able to eat much for the next 24 hours. I was given a prescription for pain killers, but so far I'm just taking Ibuprofin. At least once I heal the pain should be gone.

Jim went for a walk around the area. It's nice here but the wind is picking up the next couple days. We're comfortable here. I'm glad I got that annoying tooth pulled.

4 comments:

roamingwhenwecan said...

Good to finally get rid of that thing..You will do fine without it!

Gypsy said...

I've had recent work done on a couple of molars and one still bothers me.

Bob and Jo said...

Losing a tooth is never fun but it sounds like it was time.

Jim and Judy said...

Hope it was the right one that was extracted!!

PS
BIG change at CG.

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...