Friday, March 28, 2014

Happy Anniversary to Us!

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 79 Lo 59 – Today is our 44th anniversary. It's been a wonderful 44 years and it seems like our love for each other grows more every year. When you live in a small space like we do, there has to be lots of love and understanding. :-)

1613981_10201729265175839_995430802_n

On Wednesday, Jim went over to Jupiter to a St. Louis Cardinals spring training game. He loves his Cards, and he tries to attend one or two games every year when we're down here. While he was gone I went for my last massage for this winter.

Thursday was my last craft day. I’ve been wanting to make ribbon flowers for a long time, but for some reason never got into the class until now. I made a pretty yellow flower. I want to make a few more for a big bouquet, now that I know how.

IMG_20140327_145230_042

Although I didn't make these two ornaments, I learned how and got the supplies to make my own. I'm looking forward to that when we have downtime this summer.

IMG_20140327_145213_031

We make all kinds of things in our craft classes. Next year we’ll be getting ideas from Pinterest. A few people will make some things in advance and then next year at the park  have everyone vote on what they want to learn.

Today I had my last crocheting class. I finished the last of the afghans for this winter. I made a total of seven for the year. Overall our park group made around 200 afghans for Project Linus. My final afghan is a small one for babies, or could be used for a lap cover.

IMG_2948IMG_2947

Today we met  Bob and Cheri, a couple of RV-Dreamers I found on RVillage.com. We met for lunch at The Clock restaurant in Avon Park and had a wonderful couple hours of getting to know each other. They’re from Michigan and spend each winter at a small RV park just west of Avon Park. We’re looking forward to seeing them again next year.

IMG_20140328_133545_168

We're going to Red Lobster this evening for our special anniversary dinner. I won’t be getting lobster, I’ll save that for my birthday. But we're looking forward to an enjoyable evening together.

See you in three days.

8 comments:

Leanne Chamberlin said...

Happy Anniversary. Ted and will be celebrating our 58th aboard ship while cruising the Maine coast.

Leanne ( Laurie Owen's Mom)

Bill and Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Here's to many, many more happy & healthy years together!!!

Gypsy said...

Let me add my congratulations on your anniversary. I hope you have many more.

Rod Ivers said...

Best wishes for another 44.....!

Mike and Terri said...

Happy Anniversary Jim and Dee!!!

Jerry n Kimberly Peterson said...

Congrats...hope you enjoy 44 more!

Laurel Owen said...

So glad you had such a terrific anniversary!

Bob and Jo said...

Happy belated anniversary