Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Girls Day Out – Guys Day Out

(Fortson, GA) Hi 86  Lo 67 – Today Dee and I went our separate ways. It was a beautiful day, bright and sunny. Perfect for a ballgame. So I picked up Judy’s Jim this morning and we took off for Atlanta to take in a Braves game. We stopped at Waffle House for breakfast on the way, and made it to the stadium in about 1 1/2 hours of driving time.












It was one of the rare times I had someone with me at a baseball game. It was a very pleasant time chatting with Jim about anything and everything. The Braves lost to the Kansas City Royals 1-0, ending their 10-game winning streak. And I got to mark one more major league ballpark off my list. I’ve been to well over half of them now.

While we were at the game Dee and Judy had a girls day out. They went for a nice lunch out and then took in a movie. They saw “Jurassic Park” in 3D. It’s an oldie but a goodie, re-done in 3D. They  both said they enjoyed the new 3D effects, but said they didn’t seem as realistic as some of the newer movies that are actually produced in 3D (like “Avatar,” “The Hobbit,” and “Oz, the Great and Powerful”).


After stopping at a couple of craft/fabric stores they came back to Jim & Judy’s rig to wait for us guys to get home from the game. We got back around 5pm and gabbed a while, then Dee and I came back to our rig for a little dinner and a restful evening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to read your movie review. We've been debating whether or not to see that movie in 3-D.

Carol Kerr said...

Go Royals! :-)

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...