Sunday, March 10, 2013

Visited By a Friend

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 75 Lo 52 -- As with anyone else who has to deal with the time change, the sun was barely up when we got up this morning for church. I’m not fond of the time change, either spring or fall. We should pick a time and stick with it. I guess that’s an advantage to living in Arizona, they stay the same year around.

We went to church then came back home to wait for Nathie, who was driving over from from Sarasota. We met Nathie at the 2010 RV-Dreams Rally in South Carolina. She’s planning on going full time and wanted to get some questions answered. She’s currently shopping for a motorhome, and is leaning toward a Winnebago Journey. Nathie treated us to lunch at the Jacaranda Hotel, and then we came back to the RV and talked for a few hours.
2013-3-10 nathie (2)

We had a wonderful visit. Thanks for lunch Nathie, and for coming to see us. Good luck in your full time journey. (That was a pun right there, get it?)

We both backed up our laptops today. There have been a few people lately that lost their hard drive, which was the motivation we needed to do a back up. I now have files set up for 2013 parks and sightseeing.

We watched the NASCAR race and settled in for the evening. What a wonderful day in our little piece of paradise.

8 comments:

Betty Graffis said...

Even with all the reminders I think quite a few people forgot to set their clocks ahead. There were just a handful of people in Sunday School this morning.

Jim and Sandie said...

We definitely like the fact that AZ doesn't change but we now have to remember we're three hours behind the east coast instead of two.

Sassy said...

Enjoyed the post, hope to see you guys sometime again soon! I have started writing on my blog again! One of the reasons I sort of quit was that someone told me in an email that if we weren't full time wasn't much sense in doing a blog! I have changed my mind, and even if we're only half time I'm no longer going to let someone else tell me what to do! Sassy

Speedy said...

Sherri Kris and I attended church with my sister and BIL. When then had a nice lunch down at the harbor. This is a great life.

Karen and Al said...

You are so good about backing up your pics and hard drive. I wish you'd come over and do mine. :)

KarenInTheWoods said...


Good reminder about doing a back up!

You guys I bet were chock full of information and ideas for Nanthie. How nice.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
The USA Is Our Big Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your time there.

Bob and Jo said...

We agree about the time change and wish we were in Arizona.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...