Friday, March 1, 2013

I'm Falling Behind

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 67 Lo 47 -- It was a little cool, jacket weather all day. The sun was warm but that wind was chilly. I'd much rather have the 80's than the 60's.  It's going to be cold this weekend, but back warmer next week.

This morning there was no shuffleboard. Most of our players went to another park for a tournament. There's an informal schedule of shuffleboard tournaments where players from one park visit other parks in the area. To answer your question, why didn't I go? It starts way before I get up. :)

I did go to the Happy Hookers. I got some suggestions on the afghan I'm making, and some ideas of what to make over the summer months. I probably won't crochet a lot during the summer, I'll be too busy with other things, like SIGHTSEEING. I also want to work on other crafts that I've learned this year. I found out the deadline to have my two afghans done is March 21, when they'll be given to Project Linus.

That brings me to the title of this blog, I'm falling behind. I haven't read blogs all week, I want to make some greeting cards with string art, and I STILL need to get the inventory of our belongings completed in case they would have to be replaced. I also have to plan out our summer travels. Jim's working on our route and possible parks, but I want to plan out all the visiting we want to do.

I crocheted a couple hours then decided to go play Mexican Train (dominoes). It's been awhile since I've been there. While at Dominoes I also got caught up on what's going on in the park, who's moving, and who's selling and buying park models. People are already starting to leave, and it's sad to see them go. Many won't be back next year for one reason or another.

Tonight is card night, time to get together and have some laughs.

3 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

Isn't it amazing how busy life can be when we're retired. I definitely don't get blogs read every day and I haven't posted in forever. But having a good time is what it's all about.

Gypsy said...

I'm really having a hard time reading all the blogs on my list. I check the new ones in the morning, and then a couple of times during the day to see what is new. But somehow I know I'm missing a few of them every day. You have way more things going on for you with needlework, shuffleboard, etc., so I know it must be difficult for you too.

Bob and Jo said...

We also are behind on reading and blogging, but being retired is about being flexible.

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...