Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chilly Sunday

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 54 Lo 36 -- We were glad to have some sun today. It was chilly and very windy, but not nearly as bad as it is north of us. It will get warmer by the middle of the week. Our heat pump changed over to the propane furnace during the night, which kept us warm and toasty.

We went to church with Jon and Kathleen this morning, and after the service we stayed for the excellent buffet at the church's cafeteria. For $6.50 we had our choice of several different pastas, roasted chicken, fried fish, and several sides. A drink and dessert was also included. Try one, or try them all... all you can eat. Such a deal! They do this every Sunday.

While we were there we noticed something really funny. Someone came into the cafeteria carrying a very small child, I'm guessing about three years old. Since we've been in Florida we haven't seen many kids. In fact, it's rare for us to interact with adults younger than us (except in places of business). I guess they don't call Florida "God's waiting room" for nothing. :) We had a good laugh about it.

We came home and watched the NASCAR race from Phoenix while the RV rocked and rolled a bit in the wind all afternoon. I called my mom and sister. My mom said they've had so much snow there (in Missouri) that she's been shut in for two weeks and she's getting cabin fever.

Tomorrow Jim is driving over to Jupiter on the east coast to see his St. Louis Cardinals play the Minnesota Twins in a spring training baseball game. He's looking forward to his "Me" day.

2 comments:

Speedy said...

No me day for me. I have two folks here that want me to be next to them all the time...I don't mind it. You need to head up to Orlando...I am sure you will find some kids there.

Jim and Judy said...

I hope Jim's Cardinals win!

Judy

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...