Monday, January 7, 2013

Day of Errands

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 74 Lo 61 -- It was a cloudy and cool day, but it was a great day to walk, with less humidity. I had to get a lot of errands done, so made a list so I wouldn't forget anything. I can't remember the little stuff like I used to.

Jim usually runs around with me on our errands, but he's trying to fight off a virus. He's got a low level cough, and is generally feeling blah. So I went out myself. I got a new tablecloth with place mats. Our other one was wearing out. It was made of plastic, and every time we put a hot dish down on it it would melt. I also got a bunch of bright colored yarn. The gals at Happy Hookers make blankets and sends them to an organization that distributes them to new babies in the hospital, and to the police departments to use for fire victims. I will be starting a blanket this week, along with getting my vest done. Along with the crocheting I'm going to learn how to make greeting cards. I'm keeping very busy, which I love!

The only thing I didn't get done was to drop off a big bag of clothes at the local thrift shop. I'll do that this week sometime.

This afternoon I caught up on blogs. This one is very interesting that was mentioned in the chatroom last night. Our travels with Rover. This couple travels overseas in their RV. If you have ever thought of traveling in Europe this is the blog to read. If we were younger we might consider it.

I crocheted part of the afternoon and went to play cards this evening while Jim took some cold medication and stayed in his recliner.

3 comments:

Mike and Terri said...

Lots of flu and other stuff going around right now. Hope Jim feels better soon!

owensontheroad said...

Seems like all my RVng friends have some sort of bug. Glad we're not all together, or maybe that would be best!

Speedy said...

Jim hope you feel better soon. About RVing overseas. Believe me I spent enough time overseas and I sure wont be going back. I'll take the good ol USA every time.

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...