Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympics Open Today

(Buckley AFB, Aurora, CO)  Hi 97 Lo 63 -- We didn't have anything in mind to do, but when I got up my head, throat and ear were hurting. My one ear never opened up when we came down from the high altitude yesterday. I've been having trouble with sinuses and just knew I had a sinus infection. I looked up an urgent care office nearby and we headed there this morning. The verdict was indeed a sinus infection, so I'm taking some meds and hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to breathe and hear again. It was a couple hours of our time, but well worth it. It only gets worse if you don't take care of it.

We watched storms come in off the mountains around 2:30. We got some rain and  wind for a couple hours. The rain sounded so good on the RV. We just relaxed and watched the storms all around us. That's another reason I don't like to be in trees, I can see everywhere for miles. I love watching the clouds build up then drop the rain.

We're gearing up tonight for the opening ceremonies of the Summer Olympics. We love both the Winter and Summer Olympics so we'll be sitting in front of the TV the rest of the week.

We've been getting emails from people who find our blog and ask questions about the full time lifestyle. It's wonderful knowing we can pass the excitement on to others. We've never been so happy and relaxed as we are now. We understand this kind of life isn't for everyone, but we'll try to help anyone who asks for advice.  We're so excited about being in the mountains, it's so different out WEST.

I forgot to put in a sunset picture over the mountains I took the other night.

3 comments:

owensontheroad said...

Although I don't have time to watch all of the Olympics, I think the opening ceremonies are always so cool. Tonight's is no exception!

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Hope you're feeling better so you can get on to more sightseeing! Nice sunset!

Mike and Terri said...

Oh no! Hope you feel better real soon! Enjoy the Olympics and the weather. Glad you're enjoying your time out West, we're certainly enjoying your time out West through your blog.

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...