Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Day of Sports

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 81 Lo 68 -- We had nothing planned today. It's sports day and Jim was glued to the TV watching races all day. First was the Formula 1 race in Malaysia, then the Indycar race in St. Petersburg, Fl. and finally the NASCAR race in Fontana, CA. The NASCAR race was cut short by rain a little past halfway, which let him go right into watching our Carolina Tarheels play against Kansas in the March Madness tournament. His favorite driver won the NASCAR race (Tony Stewart), but the Tarheels lost. :(

I did some reading and catching up on blogs, and some web surfing, then decided to take a walk around the park. The wind was blowing so it kept me cool.  Kathleen and Jon came over for awhile and we found out they like geocaching. They have about the same number of finds as we do. We agreed to go geocaching together next year.

I called mom, everything is fine. Tomorrow is her 89th birthday, so I'll call her again tomorrow afternoon for her birthday.

I worked on my new craft project, the beaded lanyard I started at the craft session last week. It turned out a little different than the one the teacher demonstrated, but it's still  neat and I'll use it to wear my name tag on next year. I need to get some more crafts made, there's a lot I want to do. The computer will have to be secondary the next few months.

This week will be hectic, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Loved seeing all the crafts on your last blog... so the bug has bit to get back into beading?

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...