Friday, February 24, 2012

More Done to the New Car

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 85 Lo 65 -- It was hot and very windy. We had to bring in the awning again. We're so glad it's easy to do, just unhook all the bungy cords on the sunblocker, press the button and roll it in.  The gusts were over 30 mph most of the morning.

We had an appointment at the Toyota dealer this morning to have our ham radio and XM radio installed in our new car. The tech thought we had just one radio to install, and when he found out we had two he said it would take several hours to complete the job. So after we showed him the locations where we wanted them installed, we got a ride home in the dealer's courtesy van.

When we got home I wanted to go to the pool, but I was worried that they'd call about our car as soon as I got in the water. So I passed the time by sorting out all the stuff that was in my old car and threw out the things I've never touched since 1998. (My car always looks "lived in." Jim hates that, his truck is always so clean inside.) I read blogs and played computer games as I normally do.

They finally called about 3:30 so we took Jim's truck back to get the car. Jim wanted to "exercise" the truck anyway, since it hasn't been run in a couple of weeks. They did a great job with the installation. I forgot to take pictures, so I'll post some tomorrow. On the way home we stopped at Walmart to pick up a month's worth of groceries. We were determined to use up everything we had and not get anything except bread, milk and eggs. We succeeded, and now we need everything. We only bought what was on the (long) list, so it went well.

While at Walmart we picked one of those roasted chickens that they have in the warmer. I baked a couple of potatoes and it made for a yummy dinner. After that it was time to watch the next race of Daytona Speedweeks, the Camping World Truck 250-miler. Tomorrow it's pool time, weather permitting.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

now your ready to roll!!!! When the time comes :)

Rod Ivers said...

Most dealerships do not understand the necessary gauge of the wire necessary to power a two meter radio and don't wire them directly to the battery source. If your dealership did, you have a special bunch for sure. Every now and then you will run into a mechanic that is also a ham and understands. Rod KI0BW

Jim and Judy said...

There is something about the smell of a new car. Enjoy it. Hope to see you on the road.

Jim

GGuncle said...

does the "new" car have a bigger engine to give you more power? they used to have that new car smell in a spray. does it have a leather interior, if so, i can bring you some stuff from my leathercraft supplies to give it that smell when i meet up with you in il. in april. dom...

Tumbleweed Jim said...

Rod, you're very correct about the power wire. I was very specific in my instructions about how it was to be installed. They did a good job. Jim

car auctions said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...