Monday, February 1, 2010

Falling Ice - Another Month

We made it another night with low temps. I'm so glad Jim ordered the winter package, the Carriage is wonderful for keeping us warm.

I got up close to 10:00, makes for a shorter day. I cleaned up the whole area with the little dust buster, cleaned stuff off, put dishes away and had it done in 20 minutes. I like this place.

My main goal was to get the month closed out and see where our budget might be for living fulltime. I took out anything that had to do with the apartment. The only thing that is high is the propane. We paid over $111.00 this month. That will be gone once we get down south where it's WARMER. We're doing well with propane at the moment. We've learned or got use to the 70 degrees all the time. We're using the fireplace and the little heater to keep warmer and throwing a blanket around us at night.

I put more water in the tank to bring it up to 1/2. We should be back on city water by end of the week, but I'm not counting on it. It looks like another storm coming in but no one is sure about the temps it could be snow or a very cold rain. Let's hope it's rain, we're hoping to have good roads, no snow so when they call that our parts are in we can get to Claremont, NC with no problems with slick roads.

The picture is something I learned living up north. We have ice, it's very slick and I just don't want to fall and break a hip. I put rags around my feet and walk slowly, there's no way of slipping. Works well on ice.

Jim got to work fine today. He said it was slick but not like yesterday. I stayed busy and he has 7 more days to work. Now we're getting close.

5 comments:

roamingwhenwecan said...

Wow Dee, I never did hear of putting rags around your feet. I'm surprised, being from New England.

KarenInTheWoods said...

Glad you are getting your finances figured out, and using your propane and heaters to the best advantage. I like your rag idea. Cute! Up here we have ice grippers, rubber dohinkies with metal edges that stretch over your boots. Serves the same idea. Your rags are cheaper!


Karen and Steveio
(Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Speedy said...

Rags?? Lookin good.

Tattoolady said...

I never would have thought of rags to keep from slipping on the ice!! Neat idea !!!!

Barry said...

http://motorhometravelcouples.blogspot.com/

Love following your plans for the great adventure. Visit our blog above and we will keep up. Have fun.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...