Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Salty Roads - Apartment is Ready

I was up really early, 8:30, that's not early to some people, but it's been awhile since I've been up that early. I was out the door by 9:30 to get mom. We went to the apartment to get it ready for Sunday's sale. It took about three hours to get it totally organized. Anything that's not a big price item is all in the bedroom. TV, table, chairs and beads are in the living room. I've got several people interested from Craigslist for the big items, so we'll see who or if anyone shows up. We're kinda wondering if people will show up at same time, Jim says we'll do an auction. I just hope there's no fights.

Here's a few pictures of what's left.











There's a LOT of stuff. Amazing what we can collect. I'm going to miss some of it, but it's time for it to go. Every full timer goes through it. What's not sold Sunday I'll have VETS pick it up or take it to the Womens Abuse Center, or other agencies.

I took mom grocery shopping, then cancelled the road runner and back to the RV. All day I saw the salt on the roads. I had heard that we may get a few flakes but around here that could be anywhere from trace to 20". A couple years ago, we had a fast snow storm go through, but everyone panicked and left work or picked kids up from school which caused ice. There were people stranded till early the next morning from one inch of snow. Even kids were stranded in schools all night. It was the talk of all the news channels. I guess they don't want to take any chances. On the way home I passed two more salt trucks. I hope we don't get anything, but we're prepared.

So far we're on day 4 and the propane tanks are still not showing red. It won't be long. If we get a lot of snow, that could be a problem getting another tank. That would be our luck. The temperature went to 42 today, a heat wave! The sun was out the skies were blue, if there was no wind it would have been a perfect day.

The countdown is fast coming to leave for Texas in 38 days.

4 comments:

Gypsy said...

Just watch the green turn to red!

Speedy said...

Well time is ticking away and the weather is wanting you to leave. We can't leave today and tonight it is suppose to drop down to the low 20 and maybe teens!!! We are ready of it but I wish we could get out of here and go where it is warm.

Chef Serena said...

You don't want to come to Texas this week..we are going to have lows in the teens, highs in the twenties and up to 45 MPH winds. I'm grateful we aren't in our RV yet. Our cinder block house with wood stove is looking really good right now :)

Hathaway/Serena (one in the same)

Bob and Molly said...

Hey Dee...can Jim take a few days vacation and make a run down to "sunny" FL? You could be here for the Super Show!!! It may be sunny, but it's still cool for FL!! LOL Hope you're staying warm!!

No WIFI - Painting - Yard Cleanup - Pensacola

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 79   Lo 61)  We changed to daylight savings time on Sunday. Moving up an hour doesn't bother me as much as moving bac...