Saturday, January 30, 2010

Not What We Want to See From Tumbleweed

We've been preparing for a winter storm all week. Around here snow doesn't happen very often so it's a very big deal. At 8pm it started snowing big fat flakes. By 10:30 this is what we already had, about two inches. The news media are going wild on giving reports from the different areas. The airport has been closed and roads closed to only emergency or those that have to get to work.

Later in the night we heard tiny pellets hitting the RV. It never gave up all night and all day. It was all sleet, but it's not sticking to the trees or the power lines, just making a nice icy road. No one is to be on the roads. It's a weekend and people were prepared to stay in today.










From our side window










Our back window









Our side window

We stayed in and played on the computers. It's nice to be warm since we didn't lose power and the furnace didn't kick on very often all day, so we're set. Jim didn't have to go to work today, but has to be there by 7:30 tomorrow morning. There's very little outages, but he needs to go anyway.

I'm going on a soap box:
Jim works for the electric company and they have the Florida company which picks up our calls, but when we have a winter storm and people aren't to go on the road we can't understand why they can't take all the calls and help us out. When they have hurricanes we do calls up here. Management is way off on this one. I just hope no one every gets killed driving into work that's not totally necessary. We were really hoping we could miss the winter storms this year. Jim only has two more weeks to work.

Another gripe while I'm at it today: I guess you can tell I'm NOT a happy camper at the moment. I want so much to get out of this cold since we have wheels under us. There's a couple people that's talked about viruses on their computer. I just don't get why people are so damaging. I'm sure everyone reading this blog has had a virus on their computer or knows people that do. (Mac users you're lucky). People seem to want others to suffer because they're so miserable themselves. There's always one person in every group that wants to cause grief for others. I guess I'll get off the soapbox, I need to get out. I know that's not going to happen till we get better weather and the roads clear.

Jim still will be quitting work February 11, 2010, and we're both ready.

7 comments:

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

I wish the weather would straighten up for your first winter in the RV. Hang in there! Won't be long before you can get out of there.

I haven't had any trouble with viruses since I got Microsoft Security Essentials. Oh, I've had one, but MSE just told me what it was, and they got rid of it.
The people who are so vicious that they make viruses, must be the same ones who torment animals.
HANG THEM!!
Happy Trails, Penny, TX

Texas Yellow Rose said...

Hey Dee,

Glad you are staying warm and snug. Hope Jim keeps safe while he is out at work. Hang in there; it won't be long until you both can go bask in some sunshine!

Thanks for the comment about viruses from the chat room. Think I'll stay clear for a while. Don't want to take any chances right now.

Be well, be warm, enjoy!

Betty in TX

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Betty, The virus is NOT coming from the chat room.
And as far as I know it is just Speedy who was infected, but with all the advice he's had, I am sure it is all cleared up now.
Come on in, the coast is clear!
Happy Trails, Penny, TX

Happytrails said...

Oh Dee, I am so sorry you all are having such terrible weather for you first winter in the RV. It WILL pass....just hang on. We went to Gulf Shores(Rainbow Plantation) for warm weather and everyone here is saying the weather has NEVER been this cold and rainy. Been here a month and have had only a few really nice days. BUT I'll take this over what you have.

You all stay safe!!

Hugs,
Gerri

Tumbleweed Dee said...

So sorry Rose, yes Penny is right it's Speedy from the chatroom that's had a virus. I didn't mean the chatroom itself. I've changed that on the blog. There's been a lot of talk about viruses lately. Bored people wanting trouble. Just can't leave a good thing alone.

Speedy said...

Does everyone think I have a virus...

Tumbleweed Dee said...

I just can't get it right. There's several people with PC viruses. Even Jim got one on his COMPUTER last week. No Speedy doesn't have a virus, his PC does.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...