Thursday, December 17, 2009

Stuff Still Fits - Dodged the Cabinets

Jim had a bit of a time trying not to wake me this morning, but in a tiny place that's impossible plus the pump runs whenever you run water. I don't mind. I don't have to go to work and I can sleep all day if I want to. Today was perfect. I got up at 10:00 and that's only because I had a lot to get done before dark. It was a great night, but Jim got colder than I did. It's colder in the bedroom then in the living room, got to figure that out yet, but we're getting there.

I sorted out some things then went to the bank and back to the apartment. I took the little things and the rest of Jim's clothes that I didn't get yesterday. I cleaned out the refrigerator but still left a bunch of sauces that we don't need at the moment. I took apart the air bed for a quick swap tomorrow morning. Now what to bring to the RV is getting a lot harder if I don't think we'll use it, it stays.

Today was mom's doctor appointment and the lady didn't come when mom thought she should have. I went over to take her but she drove up about the same time so that turned out ok. I'm hoping the extra care giver works out well, I'm sure depending on them.

I got back to the RV and put everything away. I still have a lot of cupboards and drawers empty, that's a good thing. The kitchen is now done. The best thing is just keeping everything in tubs. I now have to label the tubs so I can see easier what's in them instead of opening the top to see.

Tonight I'll get everything in place for our first move. This will be our first time hooking up without help. We'll get it done, we have to, there's a predicted snow storm coming in and we need to be in place. The RV park owner called to see what time we're coming. He also wants us in place before 3:00 tomorrow. Sounds like we have plenty of help once we get there. Our first propane tank is now empty, so we'll get that filled. It's going to be a bad few days coming up. We need to be ready.

If you have some time and want to have fun try this:

http://www.greetingsfrombeazley.com/game.php

Days to leave for Texas 57

4 comments:

ANT-zee said...

Hi Dee, sounds like you are having fun. Heres a tip for your bins. Take a photo of the contents and tape it to the side where you can see it. Should make it easy to go straight to the right bin!

Take care,

Neil

Gypsy said...

If you don't have one already, I recommend a down comforter. I have a light-weight one, and I use jersey knit sheets in the winter and am plenty warm. Also, if it gets really cold and you ever (God forbid) run low on or out of propane somewhere, just pull the bedroom slide in when you go to bed. It is amazing how much warmer that can be. I have done that one time in an emergency and I think it kept me from freezing to death.

Leno said...

Glad all is going well.. I second that about getting a down comforter. I just love mine and keeps me snug as a bug. Takes time to get it all in place. I'm still working on it.

Rick said...

Reading up on ya since it's such a huge new part of your life. Love it and you seem so excited! We are excited for you!!!

Rick & Laura

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...