Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Did IT!

What a great night. We were both very comfortable, warm and getting use to any sounds we hear from the RV. It creaks and groans once in awhile, like we do but it has a lot less age then we do. Jim has to get up early and I went right back to sleep after he left. I think we have our schedules down pretty good now.

After the coffee, breakfast and reading a few blogs and emails I went outside to connect the water to the tank and fill it back up. That was easy. I then connected to the city water just to have some peace when I turn on water for washing dishes or drinks instead of hearing the pump. That reminds me, the water no longer tastes like plastic from the tanks, that's good, but I did buy a couple gallons of water if we're on the tank and not connected to park water system. The guy next door was doing the same thing today. Hooking up his water and filling the tanks. It's been too cold at night to keep it connected.

I remembered I hadn't taken a picture of OUR chairs in the RV. They're so much more comfortable then what came with the unit.











I decided to tackle the convection oven. It was really easy getting it to heat up but getting the right timing was something different. The oven comes with it's own dish, so I just put the cookies on that and they turned out great, especially after I figured it has to be 9 minutes to bake not 12 as the recipe calls. Now we have delicious cookies for the weekend, maybe, if we don't eat them in the next two days. I'll probably do more baking, it's better then cooking.


I'm feeling really proud of myself today. Hooked up the water didn't overflow the tanks and baked cookies on a new type oven. I haven't baked in a very long time so that was great.

It's a great day and more on the way. Stay tuned on what we'll learn next.

Days left before leaving for Texas 52

4 comments:

Debbie and Rod said...

You guys are doing a GREAT job!! Glad you're still enjoying it, it just gets better and better every day!

Debbie

Mark and Dortha said...

Wow...you will be an old hand at all this stuff by the time we see you in Rockport.

In fact, it looks like from those cookies you will be the host of all hosts!!

The Happy Wanderers said...

WE put your blog in our favorites. Let us know if you get close to us here at Llano Grande. We'll have a margarita ready.
It looks like you are doing fine with everything. It's a great life isn't it!

KarenInTheWoods said...

We are SO proud of you and all you are learning~! Isn't it fun???

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...