Monday, December 7, 2009

First Day for the Rest of my Life

It's Monday, Jim got up then I realized I can go back to sleep, not have the alarm on and not have to worry about anything. It didn't take long to get back to sleep.

When I did get up I made a pile of stuff that will go with us on Thursday. After getting something to eat I picked mom and her friend to get groceries. We also stopped at Big lots just looking for anything that might be a good gift.

I spent a couple hours with mom going through some papers that she's collected. I also helped move some boxes and get some things cleared out. We're cleaning up her apartment a bit. I came home and ironed for Jim and then I read blogs and watched some TiVoed shows.

We learned we have another salesman at the dealer. The one we've had is gone and the guy that talked to us at the very beginning is back. They sure have a lot of turnover. They all like our new RV and give it praise. I'm really anxious to see it!

I'm still getting use to the idea that this isn't just a vacation, it's the first day of the rest of my life of not working in a corporate world.

Days to get the RV 3.

1 comment:

Roadrunner Chronicles said...

Looking forward to hearing how your PDI goes on Thursday!

Congrats on the retirement.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...