Monday, November 23, 2009

Lots of Thinking - Planning

Nasty rainy morning. I made it to work by 8:00. Our meeting was quick and I am so glad there's only one more Monday to go. The other guy and I are both getting excited. I didn't have much to do and got it done in an hour. Mrs boss wants me to write up a "how to" for the weeklies when something goes wrong. I've done these weeklies for three years and I don't think there's a week that's the same. I'll try my best with the hardest corrections, but it's going to be impossible to do them all. It's just something to give me to do.

It was still raining when I left so I didn't take mom for groceries. I went straight home to see if I could catch the maintenance guy to fix our stove. Last night Jim tried to broil a steak but the oven never did get real hot. We couldn't get it back off so unplugged it. I was home about 15 minutes and the guy came to check it out. He did a reset and it worked. I noticed when we unplugged it last night the plug was almost out of the wall. We think that may have been the cause, just not good connection. That was a total of 10 minutes.

I decided to mop the floors, iron and get out the Christmas decorations to see what I can do this year for decorating. We have an inset porch where we can put up a tree and lights around the windows without getting rain to it. I'm not even sure we'll be here or at the RV park, but maybe I can scrounge enough lights to do both. It's going to be a fun year.

Since I read a lot of blogs and got both farms going at work (facebook), I made a list of the things that will be going with us to the dealer those first two days. I also got more exit papers for the apartment for when we move. We have to have the place cleaned and out by February 22. I'll schedule a date for walk thru sometime in December. By looking at the list I did today, we won't have a lot going into the RV, of course I say that now. It's getting close. I'm sure the next time we'll hear about the RV will be the arrival at the dealer. I don't expect to hear anything till next week.

Days left to work 7

1 comment:

Lucky & Debbie Cook said...

Dee, Wow I wish I could be as close as you are to make the transition, bet you are excited! I was checking out your Carriage Cameo 36 FWS, I am still shopping to determine which one to get, currently Keystone Montana. Have a good week, we will monitor your transition and learn from it as we anticipate the same in the next two years...Lucky & Debbie from Aberdeen, NC

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...